Do you have a plastic cutting board that’s starting to get stained? If so, you’re not alone. Stains on cutting boards are one of the most common kitchen problems, and they’re frustrating to deal with. In this article, we’ll show you how to remove stains from a plastic cutting board using three different methods. We recommend trying one of these methods and seeing which works best for you.
If you have a plastic cutting board that has gotten stained, there are a few easy steps that you can take to get the stains out:
- Wash the cutting board with soap and water.
- Use a dishwashing liquid that is specifically designed for cutting boards. Pour a little liquid onto the stain and scrub it with a brush. Be sure to rinse the dishwashing liquid off the cutting board with water.
- Dry the cutting board with a towel
How To Remove Stains From A Plastic Cutting Boards:
There are three simple ways to get rid of stains on plastic cutting boards:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Detergent, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Baking
How to Use Bleach to Remove Stains from Plastic Cutting Board:
Bleach is a popular stain-remover. From clothes to metals, bleach can be used anywhere. Bleach can be an excellent stain remover for your cutting board as well. The steps for washing your cutting board with bleach are:
- In a spray bottle, take one teaspoon of bleach in 500ml water. Close the bottle well and mix the solution thoroughly.
- Once the solution is done, spray it on both sides of the cutting board, uniformly. Make sure no part is left dry on empty. Afterward, let it stay and dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Afterward, wet a sponge in warm water and wash the bleach away. Make sure the water isn’t too hot, and you don’t touch the bleach directly.
- Now, mix one tablespoon of dish soap or detergent in 500 ml water and put the cutting board into the solution. Once the solution is thoroughly soaped, please put it in running water and rinse it off.
- Once you’re done rinsing, take a towel and dry out any extra water from the cutting board. Afterward, put it somewhere vertically and close to the sun. Make sure it doesn’t get wet or come in contact with anything dirty while drying.
If your cutting board has already stain and you are looking for a way to get rid of stain, watch this video:
How to use Hydrogen Peroxide to Remove Stains From Plastic Cutting Board:
If chemicals like bleach aren’t for you, you can opt for something natural like Hydrogen Peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural stain remover that can effectively remove tough stains if you let it rest properly. The steps of using hydrogen peroxide only are:
- When using Hydrogen peroxide, always buy the 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution. They’re safe to the skin and easy to use.
- Mix 2 parts of 3% Hydrogen peroxide in 1 part water and make a solution. The solution shouldn’t be too thick that it’s hard to pour. Make sure you add enough water to wet the entire cutting board.
- Put the solution in a spray bottle or simply pour it thoroughly over the board. Make sure every bit of it is wet, and no part is left dry.
- Keep the cutting board at rest for at least 2 hours. It’s better to keep it in the solution overnight. After you’re done resting the board, you’d see some visible differences already.
- Now, wash the hydrogen peroxide away with detergent and water, similar to removing bleach. Once you’re done, let it dry in a safe spot.
- One additional step you can follow after cleaning is to remove all sorts of bacteria and odor. If you have a dishwasher, put it in the dishwasher in a hot cycle. This will make it as clean as new. However, if you don’t have a dishwasher, you can give your dishwasher an optional scrub and clean as well.
How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide, Detergent, and Baking Soda to Remove Spots:
If you’re looking for a natural solution for stains that involves little to no chemicals at all, this is what you need. Hydrogen peroxide, detergent, and bleach together not only removes spots but also kills any sign of germs, bacteria, and odor from the cutting board as well as with the container. Making it as fresh as new.
The steps are:
- In a bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide, one teaspoon detergent, and 3-4 teaspoons of baking soda. Add a little bit of water to make a paste from it. The paste should be somewhat thick to stay on the board but smooth enough to be moved around.
- When you’re adding water to the paste, it might get fizzy due to the texture of the Hydrogen Peroxide. Don’t overthink about it. The foam will go away in a few seconds.
- Add the mixture to both sides of the board thoroughly. Make sure no part is left dry. Let the mixture rest for a few hours or overnight. During this time, make sure it doesn’t come in contact with water, and the mixture stays intact.
- Afterward, wash off the mixture with water and give it a thorough wash. Now let it dry like the previous steps mentioned.
This might seem a bit complicated, but it’s the most well-suited solution to it. It deals with spots, stains as well as odors, and bacteria. Genuinely recommended if you have the time to.
What is One Of The Most Effective Methods for Removing stains From a Plastic Cutting Board?
If you have a plastic cutting board that is starting to show signs of wear and tear, it is time to invest in a good stain remover. There are various products on the market that claim to be the best, but the truth is that not all of them are effective. To find the best product for your needs, it is important to test a few out and see which one works best.
One popular stain remover is Oxiclean. Oxiclean is a non-toxic, safe to use product that effectively removes most stains. It is also safe for fabrics, wood, and other surfaces. Spray the cleaner onto the stain, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rinse off. Before using it on a valuable item, be sure to test out the product first.
How Do You Get Stains off a Plastic Cutting Board?
If you have a stain on your plastic cutting board, you can do a few things to clean it. The first thing you can do is try a mild abrasive cleaner like Ajax. This will remove the dirt and any oils that may have been responsible for the stain. If the stain is particularly stubborn, you can try using a stronger abrasive cleaner like Comet. This may require a bit more effort, but it will usually be effective in removing the stain.
After trying these two methods, if the stain is still present, you can try a commercial stain remover like Mr. Clean. This will work best if the stain is on the cutting board’s surface. Apply the remover to the stain and scrub with a cloth or sponge until the stain is gone. Rinse the cutting board thoroughly afterward to avoid any residual staining.
How Do You Get Food Stains Out of a Plastic Cutting Board?
If you have food stains on your plastic cutting board, there are a few things that you can do to get them out. The first step is to soak the board in warm water with a little dish soap for a few minutes. Next, use a toothbrush to scrub the food stains off the board. Finally, rinse the board and dry it off.
What Are The Best Ways to Remove Stains From a Plastic Cutting Board?
Removing stains from a plastic cutting board can be difficult, but there are a few effective ways to get the job done. The first step is to dispense some detergent on the stain and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, use a scrubbing pad or a brush to work the detergent into the stain before rinsing the board thoroughly with cold water afterward to remove any residual detergent.
If the stain is difficult to remove, you can try a cleaner specifically designed for plastic cutting boards. This type of cleaner is typically composed of enzymes and acids that dissolve the stain and remove it with minimal effort. Finally, dry the board thoroughly before storing it.
How Do You Get Stains Out of a Plastic Cutting Board?
To get a stain out of a plastic cutting board, first make sure that you have washed the board thoroughly with hot, soapy water to remove all food particles. Then, use a little bit of vinegar and dish soap to scrub the stain. If the stain is of a more stubborn nature, you can use rubbing alcohol to help get it out.
How to Remove Black Stains From Plastic Cutting Board?
The best way to remove black stains from your cutting board is to use mild soap and water. Let the cutting board soak in the soapy water for 30 minutes, rub the board with a sponge and rinse.
How to Make a White Plastic Cutting Board White Again?
To make a white plastic cutting board white again, you can apply household bleach. Apply bleach to a clean cloth and rub it into the plastic. Then rinse the bleach with warm water and dry it with a clean cloth.
Cutting boards make our lives easier, but the stains are both annoying as well as problematic. In this article, we’ve discussed a few simple processes of cleaning a plastic cutting board. We hope you find this article helpful!